Fortune-telling are methods and techniques existing in the culture of almost all peoples of the world, with the help of which people try to obtain information about future events. Unlike witchcraft and magic, fortune telling does not imply coercion in relation to the forces of nature, spirits, etc., but only is a means of obtaining some hidden information about various events.
In ancient times, fortune-telling was widespread. They were based on the idea that there is an internal connection between two dissimilar phenomena, which can be revealed by finding similarities between the mentioned objects or phenomena.
Establishing analogies between objects and phenomena, on which attention was focused in the process of fortune-telling, and events (facts or persons), about which it was necessary to obtain information, fortune-tellers generalized their conclusions in the form of symbols and signs. Subsequently, the information obtained in this way was sorted into fortune-telling tables, and sometimes - into whole treatises devoted to the interpretation of the results of a certain method of fortune-telling.
There are many different ways of divination. Yes it is. Divination methods can be divided into 2 categories:
1. Widespread everywhere (ie, ways to obtain information about a person or event, found almost all over the world). For fortune-telling of this kind, the following were most often used:
- tools (for example, fortune-telling with an ax or axinomancy, during which the ax was driven into a round bar, and the sounds made at the same time, the position of the blade, the movement of the bar were interpreted; in Russia, before the beginning of the harvest, they divined with the help of a sickle, plow, etc. );
- food products (fortune-telling with flour or grains - aleuromancy, salt - alomancy, onions - cromniomancy; bread, muffins and puddings, apples, eggs, nuts were also used);
- drinks (fortune telling on the coffee grounds - coffeemantia, as well as on the sediment at the bottom of a cup of tea or a glass of wine - tasseomancy);
- plants (dendromancy was widespread among the druids (Celtic priests) - they received information about the fate of a person or future events as a result of observing sacred trees - oak and mistletoe; in Russia, the Berendei (pagan tribe) used chamomile flowers, St. John's wort, leaves for fortune telling birch, linden or aspen);
- birds, animals, insects (fortune-telling with the help of a rooster - alectriomancy, mice and rats - myomancy);
- the human body (fortune telling along the lines on the palms - palmistry, on the feet - pedomancy, in the shape of the navel - omphilomancy, etc.);
- the insides of people and sacrificial animals (fortune telling on the insides of people - anthropomancy, a variety of which is fortune telling by the excised internal organs of virgins and young children - antiopomancy; fortune telling by the entrails of animals - haruspicion);
- objects (fortune telling with the help of dice - astragalomancy, with the help of cards - cartomancy and taromancy, through the use of mirrors - catopromancy, with the help of crystals - crystalomancy, using a sieve - coskinomancy, etc. During the cleromancy sessions, fortunetellers threw lots, in which could be used as stones, bones, beans, etc.);
- books and tables (fortune telling by means of books or "raffle" (special fortune telling tables) - bibliomancy, a kind of which is rhapsodomancy - works of Hesiod or Homer are used for fortune telling);
- various substances (in geomancy they used earth, in hydromancy - water, in capnomancy - fire smoke, in pyromancy - fire, in keroscopy and lichenomancy - candle wax);
- celestial bodies (astrology);
- numbers (for example, arithmomancy, which is the basis of numerology, is based on the use of various methods of converting verbal and logical information into numerical information).
Divination by dreams (oniromancy) and obtaining information about an event of interest through communication with the spirits of the dead (necromancy) also took place.
2. National, i.e. specific only for a certain region. For example, in ancient Rome, augurs (performers of official state fortune-telling) observed the behavior of birds, on the basis of which predictions (auspices) were made. Fortune-telling in the sand (fuji) was widespread in China, during which one of the 3 participants (symbolizing Heaven, Earth and Man) with closed eyes drew hieroglyphs on the sand, placed in a special box, with a pointed stick, the other copied them on paper, the third - erased what was written. Also, fortune telling on the shell of a turtle (plastiromancy, which is a kind of pyromancy), fortune telling on the stems of yarrow (I Ching) were very popular. Omikuji divination is widely known in Japan, carried out in Buddhist and Shinto temples. In the process of fortune-telling, a person must shake a metal cylinder with sticks, each of which has a specific number written on it. Then you need to find a prediction, the number of which corresponds to the number of the stick that fell out of the cylinder after shaking (moreover, if a person likes the prediction, he takes it and carries it with him, if he doesn’t like it, he puts it in its place). In Tibet, Mo divination is especially popular, performed using a rosary of 108 beads and accompanied by a special mantra.
Not every fortune-telling is accompanied by a ritual - in some cases, just pronouncing a verbal formula is enough. Misconception. Fortune-telling, not accompanied by rituals, appeared not so long ago due to the "separation" of the verbal formula from the action, which it was designed to fill with hidden meaning. An example of such a "detachment" of the verbal accompaniment from the rite is one of the fortune-telling on the betrothed. Initially, the girl was supposed to lock the well, located in her courtyard, with a lock, saying: "My betrothed, mummer, come to me for a key (from the well) - to give a horse to drink." Later, the rite was modified - the fortuneteller had to put together a "frame of a well" from splinters and hide it under a pillow along with a key, accompanying her actions with the aforementioned verbal formula. After some time, the fortune-tellers limited themselves to only hiding the key under the pillow (repeating all the same words). And, finally, the whole process of fortune-telling was reduced to pronouncing a verbal formula before going to bed.
Muslims do not practice fortune telling. Indeed, in the list of forbidden actions (called "haram") listed in the Qur'an, the use of "divination arrows" is mentioned, since they are "defilement from the deeds of Satan." It is also believed that the Prophet Muhammad forbade any kind of divination practiced by the pagans (recognition of the future by the stars, the behavior of animals and birds, etc.). However, in the countries of Islam one of the types of bibliomancy is still practiced, called "fal" (translated from Arabic - "omen"). A person who wants to receive information about future events opens the Koran and, without looking, points with a finger (or marks with a needle) any word, which, in the opinion of the fortuneteller, contains the main characteristics of future events.
Guessing is a sin. Yes, in the event that a person belongs to any religious denomination, devoutly adheres to church charters and canons. Moreover, such a person often does not need to visit fortune-tellers, since religious communities have their own methods of comprehending the will of God (knowing the essence of things, obtaining information about the future, etc.). If a person is not an ardent adherent of any religious movement, he can safely resort to the services of fortunetellers.
Fortune telling can ruin a person's karma. This is not entirely true. The process of fortune-telling itself does not affect karma, but the aspirations of a person that prompted him to use the services of a fortune-teller, or his attitude to the information received during the session, may well have a negative impact on his fate.
The main thing in the process of fortune telling is to get absolutely correct information about future events. Experts say that it is much more important to get information about whether there are options for the development of events or the outcome of the situation is rigidly predetermined. After all, only with this kind of knowledge, a person can develop the correct attitude to future events and draw up an optimal behavioral program (in which a specialist predictor is called to help him).
In addition, one should take into account which people are involved in the situation about which they want to receive information in the process of fortune-telling. If all participants in the events are infantile people with weak will and easily predictable behavior, or if there is only one assertive and strong-willed person among them, it will not be difficult to predict the development of the situation. But if 2 or more people with original thinking, unpredictable behavior and a strong will are involved in a situation, it will be very difficult even for an experienced fortuneteller to make an accurate prediction about the development of events.
You can't guess to yourself. You can guess yourself. However, firstly, you should have certain knowledge and skills (since inept actions or incorrect interpretation of, say, a card layout can greatly distort the result), and secondly, you need to be able to control your own emotions and desires. After all, desires, passions, and emotions (both negative and positive) can affect the results of fortune-telling (i.e., being in a state of passion, it is very difficult to obtain truly truthful and clear information from fortune-telling). And, finally, according to the assertions of practitioners, it is more difficult alone to calmly accept any result of fortune-telling (especially if it does not coincide with the wishes of the fortuneteller).
You can't guess too often. Much depends on what kind of question is asked, and whether the fortuneteller's life circumstances change. One and the same question should not be asked several times in a row (even to different fortune-tellers or fortunetellers), since the answers over time become more and more contradictory, vague and inaccurate. However, in case of cardinal changes in life circumstances related to the mentioned situation, you can turn to the fortuneteller again. If the questions are different, fortune-telling sessions can be carried out as often as you like. But, according to experts, in this case there is a danger of falling into a certain dependence, i.e. almost completely abandon an active life position and independent decision-making, constantly visiting fortunetellers and acting exclusively according to their instructions. Therefore, the optimal frequency of visiting fortunetellers is once a month (with the exception of non-standard situations in which the person himself is not able to figure it out). If a person is wondering to himself, he can do it daily, subject to following the rules and observing the culture of fortune-telling.
You cannot tell anyone about the results of fortune-telling, because nothing will come true. By repeatedly sharing the information received from the fortune-teller with a large number of people, a person can "spread out" the energy necessary to compose a chain of events about which he received information during a fortune-telling session. Therefore, it is possible to talk about the results of fortune-telling, but the information should be strictly dosed, and people who are interested and friendly should be chosen as interlocutors.
If none of the guesses came true, then the session was conducted by a charlatan fortuneteller. Not necessary. There are several reasons for preventing the receipt of correct information. Firstly, the question itself could be formulated incorrectly (for example, a person wanted information about how events that are fundamentally impossible in his life would develop). Secondly, a person could ask the same question several times in a row (in this case, the information obtained during fortune-telling becomes more and more vague and indistinct, and over time the cards even "refuse to answer"). Thirdly, if the fortuneteller's visitor is in a state of stress or strong nervous excitement, this can negatively affect the results of fortune-telling (for example, cards can provide information not about real upcoming events, but about how they would like (or did not want) to see these events a person who turned to a fortune teller). Fourthly, future situations arise from the events of the present, feed on the energy distributed in the present. If a person in any way blocks the flow of energies in his present life, this or that situation in the future can also be blocked (in this case, more attention should be paid to working on oneself "here and now", the results of which will undoubtedly have positive influence on the development of certain situations). However, in some cases, this kind of blocking is performed (consciously or unconsciously) by another person, or (not so often) there is a magical effect. Then, first of all, you need to take care of neutralizing the listed influences from the outside, and only then contact the fortuneteller. In addition, the state of health and the emotional background of the fortuneteller himself can distort the results of fortune-telling. If a person really (and repeatedly) encounters charlatan fortune-tellers, then, firstly, he needs to revise the criteria for choosing specialists in this area, and secondly, pay attention to what he is guided by in choosing friends among others (some of the criteria mentioned are likely to be wrong).
A person who is in a state of passion will not guess. Most often, fortune-tellers really recommend their clients to minimize the emotional background, both positive and negative (since strong melancholy, anxiety, as well as excessive joy can distort the results of fortune-telling), by using, for example, any relaxation techniques, breathing exercises , yoga exercises, long walks in nature, etc. However, if the person did not manage to calm down, despite all the efforts made for this, the fortune-telling session will be carried out, provided that the fortuneteller is sufficiently qualified to neutralize the influence of the client's emotional background. In addition, professional fortunetellers have a set of methods to find the reasons for the emergence of emotional instability in the client, and can determine whether the emotional background is the result of negative (possibly magical) influence from the outside or it has arisen as a result of a person's experiences (grief, stress, etc. etc.). In some cases, excessive uncontrollable emotionality may be the result of mental disorders (neuroses, nervous breakdowns, psychosis.). If, as a result of diagnostics (including the use of astral vision, cleansing rituals, etc.), the fortuneteller reveals such disorders, he recommends that the client first be treated by specialists, and only after that, if the need arises, resort to the services of a fortuneteller.
The main thing in fortune telling is to correctly interpret the information received. Of course, the ability to correctly understand and explain the answer received in the form of certain symbols is extremely important in fortune-telling. However, another component of this art is equally significant - the ability to correctly formulate questions. Indeed, very often it depends on how clear and truthful the answer will be.
Anyone can learn fortune telling.Nowadays, in the literature and on the Internet, you can find a lot of information regarding various methods of fortune-telling, which any person can use. There are also many courses where, for a reasonable fee, everyone is taken to teach the basics of fortune-telling techniques. But, firstly, it should be borne in mind that any, even the best teacher can only enrich the student with knowledge and develop innate abilities for the fortune-telling art (if any). But if initially there are no fortune-telling abilities, even long-term training will not help to acquire them. Secondly, even a very talented and diligent student in the first years after completing training will often come across information obtained through fortune telling, which is not so easy to explain. And only personal experience gained in the process of conducting fortune-telling sessions can help to cope with cases of this kind. Thirdly, a person who is going to professionally engage in fortune-telling practices must be a good psychologist in order to understand the client's problem and, in some cases, help him correctly formulate the question that will be asked during the fortune-telling process. Also, the fortuneteller must have a large vocabulary in order to be able to convey all the nuances and shades of information received during fortune-telling. Fourthly, the fortuneteller must be prepared for the fact that he will be responsible for everything that will happen to the client after the fortune-telling session (after all, many people who receive a negative or frightening answer to their question at the fortune-telling session become depressed, and sometimes they can completely commit suicide; if the answer is very positive, people can also behave incorrectly - they fall into euphoria, and do nothing, expecting that the divined happy event will happen by itself). And, finally, it should be remembered that during the session, the fortuneteller contacts with forces, the nature of which and the impact on life and health (the fortuneteller himself, his relatives or descendants) are very little known, therefore the results of such interaction (and not always positive) are few. can predict.